All PDFs on sale now for Black Friday to Cyber Monday. Get your games now!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
If you buy a physical book of ours from a real, brick & mortar store at full price, we’ll give you the PDF. Period.
It’s as simple as that. We want to support local gaming stores the best we can, and we don’t want our fans to feel they have to choose between loving us (by buying a Print+PDF bundle at IPR) or loving their local game store. Why not love both?
With the Dread Unicorn Games Retailer PDF Guarantee, you don’t have to choose! But we WILL need you to confirm that you’ve purchased the book. Drop us a line (or have your Friendly Local Game Store do it!) at john AT dreadunicorngames DOT com and show us your proof of purchase. Scanned purchase receipts are the best way to do this, but we’ll take the word of your FLGS as equivalent. And while you’re at it, tell us where you bought the book, and make sure they know that the Dread Unicorn Games Retailer PDF Guarantee sealed the deal!
We are also a part of the Bits & Mortar publisher coalition. Head on over to that site and find out who else offers free PDFs together with the books you buy from your FLGS!
With help from our friends at Indie Press Revolution, you can buy more than just print books at IPR, you can buy PDFs as well. Check it out!
Indie Press Revolution is also our distributor into game stores. Check out an IPR game store near you! They should have the Dread Unicorn Games title you want, but if it’s not in stock, ask them to order it from IPR.
Dread Unicorn Games in 2016
Are you going to OrcaCon? I am, please say hi! I’ll be running a few 13th Age games for Fire Opal and attending as much gaming goodness as I can.
Our first products are sister titles: Gods and Icons for 13th Age and The Gods Have Spoken: Deities and Domains for 5E. Why two? It turns out most of the writing and art will work in both products, so why not?
Here’s where we are now with Gods and Icons and The Gods Have Spoken:
- The writing is 75.09% done (+ or -). Vanessa has done a great job with three pantheons, and I’m excited to plug in their relationship to the icons for Gods and Icons. There will be holy swords for paladins and religious items for all the divine classes.
- I’ve been playtesting Gods and Icons for a few months now. Soon I’ll give it to the real playtesters to try out.
- We’re going to Kickstart the gods! You’ll be able to pick either or both titles as your rewards.
- Since this is our first kickstarter, we’re going to be cautious. We don’t want to promise what we can’t deliver! For example, we’re not going to do our own printing and shipping. For physical copies, we’ll use Drive Thru’s Print on Demand and let them do the shipping.
- But we will have lots of great stretch goals: more content and more art!
- Speaking of art, we have a great cover artist! Justin Wyatt has agreed to do our cover art, which will include three gods and three icons. Yay! Gaming art fans will recognize Justin from The Sun Below: City on the Edge where he did interior art and The Sun Below: Sleeping Lady, where he did the amazing cover and interior art.
- Some of Justin’s work:
After the Kickstarter, our next title will be a return to Numenera with another adventure: The Sun Below: That’s How the Light Gets In. There the players will confront what happens to the underground world when The Sun Below starts to fail!
After that? We’re not telling! There is so much going on in roleplaying right now. We’ve got a lot of great ideas, but first, let’s get these three products out the door.
Happy New Year!
If you use a tablet, laptop, or both, the next poll asks how do you like your rpg material formatted?